Amazon, eBay, Alibaba Group—all of them are the richest ecommerce businesses in the world and they focus their resources only on marketplaces. For example, Alibaba Group expands year by year to more and more countries. In 2016, the Group bought the controlling stake in Lazada online business to support Alibaba’s expansion plans to Southeast Asia.
Lazada ecommerce company was founded in 2012 and in 2013 they added an online marketplace. The marketplace accounted for 65% of its sales by the end of 2014. Awesome, isn’t it? Now, Lazada is the number one ecommerce mall in Southeast Asia and successfully works in Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Today, online store owners look at the success of marketplaces and start thinking about adding a marketplace model to their sites like Lazada did. So, one of the most frequent questions entrepreneurs from Asia ask is how to make a website like Lazada.
But “how to build a web application like Lazada” is not a question with a simple answer, actually. There are hundreds of factors that influence the success of such a startup and a reliable lazada script is one of them.
What features are necessary for lazada like websites?Lazada online business is a multi vendor platform and the first thing an entrepreneur must bear in mind is if lazada clone script he or she is going to use supports multiple sellers. There are also a number of other must-have functions that lazada software should have so that your project succeeds:
- Flexible catalog management tools. You need your products to have features and options, and product categories to have filters and search.
- Vendor subscription plans. This feature will greatly simplify the accounting in your marketplace. You should have the ability to take regular fees from your sellers and grant or limit their access to certain functions.
- Built-in popular payment and shipping methods. This is a must. Your lazada script must support at least PayPal, Authorize.net, Apple Pay, credit cards, eWay, FirstData, pick up points, COD, and other popular payment methods.
- Responsive design and a mobile application. Mobile friendliness is a must for lazada like websites, so make sure your virtual mall program is 100% responsive (admin panel, vendor panel, storefront). A mobile application will be a great advantage because, for customers, it is way more convenient to shop on the go via a mobile app than through a mobile browser.
- Money distribution system. When you run a marketplace, you deal with vendor payouts. Make sure the lazada clone script you use supports both manual accounting and payouts and automatic money distribution systems such as Stripe Connect or PayPal for marketplaces.
- Built-in marketing tools. If your ecommerce mall software has marketing tools out of the box, it will be much easier for you to attract more sellers and buyers. Make sure the script you will use, has cross selling and upselling tools, loyalty program, promotions, and basic SEO functions.
How to make a website like Lazada on CS-Cart Multi-Vendor lazada script?CS-Cart Multi-Vendor is a professional ecommerce mall builder. It is one of the most feature-rich solutions for now. CS-Cart has all the mentioned above features out of the box, plus 500 other cool functions.
But when you’re opening your lazada online business, feature richness is not the only thing you should take into account. There are a number of similar solutions but they are cloud-based. CS-Cart Multi-Vendor is not SaaS—it is hosted on your server. And it gives you a lot of advantages: for example, you have full control over the CS-Cart installation and you are free to enable and disable functions, code custom functionality and design, make copies of your marketplace, and move your whole business to another server. When you run big lazada like websites, the stakes are high and you need to control the situation.
So, how to build a web application like Lazada on CS-Cart Multi-Vendor? Just download the Multi-Vendor installation package, install it on your server, complete a simple setup guide and you’re good to go! You will have 30 days of free trial without any functionality limitations. If you like the software, just buy the license and start developing your business further.
You can also try CS-Cart Multi-Vendor in your personal online demo. It’s free, no credit card required.