CS-Cart Technical Support (Credit-Based and Period-Based)
The CS-Cart team will help you set the initial configuration of the store, remove any possible problems and assist your understanding of the functionality of a feature.
Each CS-Cart license includes free support credits. The quantity of credits depends on the product and whether the first or additional license is purchased.
Each CS-Cart Ultimate license includes 30 days of free techical support. The countdown starts on the date of the license purchase.
Multi-Vendor license includes 90 days of free techical support. The countdown starts on the date of the license purchase.
|CS-Cart Product||First License||Additional License||Additional Storefront License|
|CS-Cart||50 credits||30 credits||30 credits|
|CS-Cart Ultimate||30 days||30 days||n/a|
|Multi-Vendor||30 days||30 days||n/a|
Free 30-day period of technical support is activated starting from the day of the license purchase. You can ask an unlimited number of questions during this free support period. If you ask a question during the free support period, you’ll get the answer from us even after the period expires.
Here’s what we assist you with during the free support period:
- Explaining how to configure the default CS-Cart features.
- Answering general questions on how to set up CS-Cart.
- Solving problems that occurred because of the wrong CS-Cart configuration.
- Setting up the default CS-Cart functionality.
- Advising on the CS-Cart architecture and light functionality modifications.
- Exploring questions concerning the CS-Cart workflow, if they are not the result of a third-party code modification.
Here’s what we DO NOT assist you with during the free support period:
- Exploring the issues caused by the server configuration and / or code modification.
- Upgrading your store and resolving issues that arose during the upgrading.
- Modifying the default CS-Cart functionality.
- Resolving database issues
You can get these kinds of support for support credits only.
Credit-based support is a way of providing technical support when consultations of our technical support specialists are assessed in credits that are deducted from your credit account. Credits are used up depending on the work required to answer your question, resolve the issue and have no time limit.
Each request is assessed for its complexity and, based on this assessment, assigned to one of the following categories:
- Explanation of setting up some standard CS-Cart functionality. General questions about setting up CS-Cart (not problems)—5 credits;
- Resolving problems caused by incorrect settings of CS-Cart functionality. Setting up some standard CS-Cart functionality. Consultations on CS-Cart architecture and basic customization—10 credits;
- Complex code modification—from 20 credits. The possibility and complexity of a modification are determined by the technical support specialist at his/her sole discretion. The price is agreed with a client.
- Investigating problems caused by some server settings, modified files, or incorrect database data—20 credits;
- Upgrading and examination of issues arisen during the upgrade process within two patch versions—20 credits. Each following upgrade costs 5 credits (excluding 4.3.3 SP1 patch). For example, upgrading from 4.3.1 to 4.3.9 costs 50 credits.
If you agree in advance with the possible assessment of your request (it can be specified when creating a ticket), our engineer answers your message, assigns the request to one of the three categories given above and the corresponding number of credits is deducted from your account.
In case you want to know the cost of the request beforehand, first our specialists assess its complexity. First category requests are answered without any confirmation from your side. But if the request is of the second or the third category, you will receive a notification of the category to which the request was assigned and the number of credits to be deducted. And the request is answered only after your confirmation of the assessment. In this instance, the total amount of time necessary to resolve your issue can be increased by the time required for assessment and confirmation.
If during the investigation we find out that the issue requires a more detailed analysis or some new facts emerge, we can change the category of the ticket. And the number of credits charged for this ticket will be changed accordingly.
Credits are charged for a whole ticket and only one issue is to be discussed in the ticket. If you ask a question that does not relate to the theme of the current ticket or relates to it indirectly, a technical support engineer will create a separate ticket for this question.
Technical support service is provided through the Customer Help Desk system. Please do not forward your requests to our support specialists by e-mail or via the contact us form on this website if you are a CS-Cart license owner.
At the moment technical support is provided only during the day at GMT+4. Please remember this and the corresponding time difference, when sending a request to the technical support team.
Technical support service includes
- Consultations on CS-Cart functionality
- Assistance in configuring your CS-Cart
- Resolving issues occurring during the software operation or issues that arise with functionality if they are not the result of your code changes
- Performing modifications of CS-Cart, if they are possible within the scope of the technical support service.
If the modification cannot be made as a part of our support, you can use our custom development service.
We guarantee to correct all security bugs found in the original source code absolutely for free. Fixes for non-security bugs and errors are provided in further software releases only (you may need to renew your upgrade subscription). To learn more, please refer to our article about bug fixing.
The following support credit packages are available for purchasing:
|Number of credits||Price|
We understand that CS-Cart is technically complex software in terms of the number of features, functions and modules it includes. That is why we have created detailed instructions on CS-Cart operation and configuration, documentation on the template system used in the software and descriptions of additional modules.
We have also created Community forums for the CS-Cart users, where online store owners can communicate, helping each other in questions of CS-Cart operation and anything related to ecommerce.
Registration on the forum is available only for registered CS-Cart users and presupposes the access to the Customer Help Desk system. Unregistered users can view many forums but can send messages only to the forum "Why CS-Cart?".