Comparing a marketplace model with traditional retail, a multi-vendor online store is a mall with a huge range of food and non-food products. From a consumer’s point of view, they have a significant advantage allowing you to make a purchase of everything you need in one place, saving time on the process of choosing and paying for purchases.
India is the fastest growing online market in the world. And the huge number of Internet users (240 million) in a few years will reach more than 700 million people. In India, the launch of marketplaces is an important part of the local economies development strategy. So we can see great examples of online multi-vendor websites like Flipkart, ShopClues and the Snapdeal e-commerce platform.
How to create a website like Snapdeal?In February 2010, Kunal Bahl along with Rohit Bansal started Snapdeal.com - India's largest online marketplace, with the widest assortment of 60 million plus products across 800 categories from regional, national and international brands and retailers. With millions of users and more than 300,000 sellers, Snapdeal is the shopping destination for Internet users across the country, delivering to 6000+ cities and towns in India.
Snapdeal script originated as a service with the best discounts of the day, in other words - as a copy of Groupon.
Snapdeal focused on smaller cities, where there are fewer competitors and consumers are more loyal.
After 1.5 years, it turned into a full-fledged online store, as well as the main competitor of Flipkart and the Indian branch of Amazon. Unlike Snapdeal alternatives, it gives a significant part of logistics to outsourcing, acting as an intermediary between sellers and buyers. Although it can sometimes affect service quality (Snapdeal does not control it at all stages), it allows businesses to grow faster.
Speaking about a Snapdeal clone script you should take into consideration that your Snapdeal alternative must have the following features:
- Powerful catalog management to create an unlimited number of product features, filters, options, product variations, and product categories. Your vendors can do all this as well. Fill the catalog manually or use a flexible mass product import.
- Bulk product editing to edit 45 product parameters in bulk for hundreds or thousands of products listed in your marketplace in a few mouse clicks.
- Stock control and low stock notifications to track the exact number of items in stock.
- Shipping methods to integrate with major shipping carriers with dozens of shipping options for each or add more shipping methods and functions via third-party add-ons.
- Cross-selling and upselling to increase the average bill. You can display product suggestions on any page of your marketplace.
- Datafeeds to get extra customers from shopping directories such as Google Shopping and ShopZilla by uploading custom product feeds from your Snapdeal clone script.
Why CS-Cart Multi-Vendor solution fits any Snapdeal alternativeWe don’t know who designed the Snapdeal website but we know what platform ShopClues is built with. It’s CS-Cart Multi-Vendor, a turnkey solution for online marketplaces.
If you want to build a Snapdeal clone script the perfect way is to start with CS-Cart Multi-Vendor free demo. It is a fully-functional multi-vendor online marketplace platform. It has all the features a Snapdeal alternative needs. Besides, it is a great opportunity to test MVP.