We have released CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor 4.13.2. It is a patch release, so it fixes problems of the previous version and brings minor improvements. The full list of changes is in the documentation, so we’ll only cover the most important changes here.
Changes to Multi-Vendor
- It is possible now to switch between storefronts on the pages of payment and shipping methods. Multi-Vendor allows administrators to set up different payment and shipping methods for different storefronts. Previously, the only way to understand what storefront a particular payment or shipping method belongs to was to open a detailed page of the method. Starting from 4.13.2 version, the administrator can work only with the payment and shipping methods attached to the selected storefront.
- Vendor notifications work better. Multi-Vendor allows marketplace owners to create user groups for vendors. Previously, when a vendor from a user group refilled his or her balance or performed other actions, all vendors in the group received notification about this event. This problem was fixed in 4.13.2—now only those vendors that participate in the event receive the notifications.
Common CS-Cart Changes
A New Add-On for PDF Document Generation
Previously, a cloud service handled all the PDF documents conversion. In 4.13.2, we moved the PDF documents to a separate add-on. So now users decide on their own whether the store will print documents in PDF.
When the add-on is active, the store sends invoices, packing slips and other docs to the cloud service. In response, the service generates PDF copies of the docs and sends them back. CS-Cart does not view, keep, or analyze data that goes through the service.
Pay360 Payments Integration
The Paypoint/Secpay payment method will no longer work starting September 2021. Instead, we released an updated Pay360 add-on that allows you to create a new payment method in the store.
More Convenient Pickup Points Search
Customers use the pickup point search to choose a pickup point on the checkout page. We have reduced the sensitivity of the search filter to case and spaces, so now it is easier to find a suitable item there.
- Unrequired “State” field. The “State” field is required on the checkout page only if the administrator has specified the states for the customer’s country.
- A replaced link to a product review in emails to administrators. When a new product review appears in the store, an administrator receives an email so that he or she could approve the review. Previously, the link to the review led to a non-existent page. This problem was fixed in 4.13.2.
There are more changes in version 4.13.2. For the full list, check the changelog.
The updates to version 4.13.2 are already available. As usual, for the first couple of weeks after the release we hand out update packages in limited numbers, but then we lift that restriction. If you don’t see this update in your Upgrade Center yet, please check the update page later.
- Yan Anderson is the Social Relations and Content Manager at CS-Cart. He's passionate about creating content that explains complicated things in simple terms. Yan loves writing and making videos about the ecommerce industry and technology trends. He manages this blog as an editor.
- Guest posts2023.12.05How to Level Up B2B Ecommerce Customer Experience
- News and announcements2023.11.30Online Marketplaces Shakeup: Global Giants Slow Down, Niche Players Speed Up
- News and announcements2023.11.24B2B Marketplace Mastery: Platforms, Building Guide, and Success Principles
- News and announcements2023.11.17eCommerce SEO Mastery: Essential Techniques for Higher Rankings and Conversions