The Amazon company focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. But its core direction is eCommerce—the Amazon marketplace. Amazon was founded in 1994 by Jeff Bezos, who is still the head of the company. Initially, it was a marketplace of books but later they started selling electronics, apparel, and other types of physical and digital products and services.
Amazon is the largest online marketplace in the world and the largest ecommerce company by revenue. Looking at Amazon success, businessmen aim to achieve the same success by launching their own ecommerce websites. And many of them begin with the same question—how to build a website like Amazon. In this article, we’ll try to answer this question and introduce to you an amazon like ecommerce software you’ll need to build your multi vendor website.
JMart is an Amazon-style online marketplace from Kazakhstan. This website is built on CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Amazon script.
What kind of a website is Amazon and what amazon php script to choose?Amazon is an ecommerce marketplace. On a marketplace, there are multiple independent sellers that showcase their products on a common storefront. And the virtual mall staff only manages the website and maintains it. An Amazon php script that is used for this huge multi vendor website is very well optimized for high load. You should keep this in mind when building your own marketplace.
So, if you’re wondering how to start a business like Amazon, the first thing you should do is to carefully choose an Amazon like ecommerce software—the very base for your future multi seller site. Choosing a marketplace solution can become a hell of a challenge for you if you are not familiar with the ecommerce software market. So, when you will be testing different platforms, pay attention to its features and performance. Make sure the software has at least these features:
- Powerful vendor management system—vendor plans, product approval, customizable vendor storefront and backend, payout distribution system.
- Cross-selling and upselling tools—Amazon suggests similar and complementary products to customers, which can greatly increase the average bill. Make sure your amazon php script has these features by default.
- Built-in payment and shipping methods—the solution must have all the popular payment gateways and carriers out of the box. This will save you tons of money on third-party integrations.
- Powerful catalog management tools—make sure the software allows you to edit products, import them via a CSV or an XML file, create options, product features, filters, and product variations.
- Simple and fast checkout—this is one of the most important pages of your marketplace. It should be easy for customers to complete their orders otherwise they will leave your site for a competitor.
- Mobile application for iOS and Android—the app can become your secret weapon. Customers will appreciate shopping on your marketplace through a mobile application on their smartphones on the go.
- Highload optimization—multi vendor websites like Amazon have to withstand monstrous load every minute. Make sure the amazon script you choose can handle thousands of visitors at a time without crashing or slowing down.
How to make a website like Amazon on CS-Cart Multi-VendorA professional marketplace solution CS-Cart Multi-Vendor. was specially developed for building large multivendor online stores like Amazon and eBay. It supports all the mentioned above features out of the box, plus it has an open source code, which gives you almost limitless customizability and scalability.
You can test every feature yourself in a free personal CS-Cart Multi-Vendor demo hosted on our server. Just complete a simple questionnaire and your demo will be ready in 15 seconds. It is available for 15 days.
When you’re ready to install Multi-Vendor on your server, download the Multi-Vendor installation package, install it through your browser, and complete a simple setup wizard. After that you will have a fully-functional marketplace ready to be filled with vendors and products. As a bonus, you can test the solution for 30 days after the installation without purchasing the license.
CS-Cart Multi-Vendor is used in 170 countries and according to reviews, users all over the world appreciate Multi-Vendor’s rich functionality and performance:
|I have tried many software before: Flynax, Woocommerce, Prestashop but I think for business starters, I won’t recommend anything else than CS-cart. Especially if your clients are based in developing countries, you need software with fast page loading. — Yacouba Mouanfon||I used CS-Cart for many years, and it is my favorite software. I have tried various software. But CS-Cart is the best. It is easy to use, to move something off the page, translation, addons, etc. It is very easy to do it all. — Yi Sheng.|
|We moved from X-cart to CS-Cart and we found a big difference with cs-cart. There are lots of add-ons that can add value to your store. The customer service is also very responsive. I have been with CS-Cart for less than a year but so far we are satisfied with what they are offering. — Drees Laby.||The software was easy to use once I got used to it. This was the first shopping cart software that I have ever used, so it was a little daunting at first. When I had a question tech support was extremely useful and was available when I needed them. — Tonya Madden.|