Uber became the trailblazer in the taxi booking industry. And its success is in its convenience. Customers want to get services immediately when they need them and not wasting time. Uber helps them save their time and money on getting around the city for a reasonable price.
Uber was launched in 2010 and it was something people hadn’t seen before. It was literally a marketplace built on a multi-vendor e-commerce script. Uber started with very little money and by 2015 it was $70 billion. Of course, Uber’s success attracted the attention of entrepreneurs and they started looking for uber taxi clone and information on how to start a business like Uber.
Marketplaces are becoming more and more popular today and if you want to start an e-commerce business, start a marketplace like Uber or similar. To do that, the first thing you need is an uber open source clone script.
How to Start a Business Like Uber and Cost to Develop an App Like UberUber doesn’t own cars—it only connects riders with drivers via a service marketplace script. Anyone can become an Uber’s driver. Uber only takes commissions for each transaction and that’s it.
So, to start a business like Uber, you need a platform where all the communication and transactions will be taking place. It will be great if your uber app open source code is accessible so that you could modify your script the way you want and adapt it to your business model.
So, what’s the cost to develop an app like Uber? It depends on what will be the base for the app. If you are going to develop it from scratch, it will cost you tons of money. So, it is a wise decision to take a ready-made Uber taxi clone as a base for your Uber-like app.
Why CS-Cart Multi-Vendor is a Go-To Solution for an Uber-Like AppCS-Cart Multi-Vendor s a reliable service marketplace software that you can use to build an Uber-like platform. It has over 500 e-commerce features out of the box and it’s 100% open source, which means you’ll be able to customize its code, add new features, modify the existing ones, modify the design, create a unique storefront theme, etc. Here are the functions for a website similar to Uber:
- Vendor locations. This is a must-have feature for an uber clone website. It allows displaying the map with vendors marked on it, the distance to each vendor, and filter vendors by the distance.
- Call requests. Customers can place orders via one button. A vendor does the rest for the customer at the backed. When the customer clicks the button, the vendor gets a new request in the vendor panel and processes it.
- Booking reservation system. This is another must-have feature for an Uber taxi clone. There are plenty of third-party add-ons for CS-Cart Multi-Vendor and some of them add an advanced booking system to your Uber-like app.
- Customer-to-vendor communication. This feature allows customers to directly communicate with vendors-drivers and vice versa. This is a useful feature if a rider needs to arrange a pick up from a different location or ask the driver about the details of the upcoming ride.
- Comments and reviews. You can’t run your own Uber without a user review system. With this feature, your customers will be able to leave comments about the drivers and give them feedback. This is important for maintaining the service quality level.