You may also be interested:
Since 2004, Newegg has been showing stable growth. In 2005 it was named one of the Internet’s Top 10 Retailers by Internet Retailer Magazine. And in the same year, the company got an annual revenue of about $1.3 billion. In 2010, the company launched an online mall—Newegg marketplace. In the same year, they earned over $2.5 billion.
So, the progress will go on and consumer technologies will always be in demand. And if you’re wondering how to start an online computer company, you’re asking the right question. Computers and their components are among the most promising and money-making products because they require constant upgrading. And it’s not only about gaming—professionals also need powerful machines and they keep their PCs up-to-date with the latest hardware. So, how to start an online computer hardware business like Newegg?
It could be challenging, but a lot of launch problems can be avoided if you build your online business on a proper newegg script.
What you need to start your own Newegg marketplaceAlthough Newegg online shop started the marketplace in far 2010, a virtual mall business model is still very promising today. Entrepreneurs rework their existing online stores into multi-vendor malls and start marketplaces from scratch. And it’s a matter of time when Amazon, Etsy, and Newegg clone websites will take over the global eCommerce market.
There are already a number of websites like Newegg but there’s still room for your marketplace. So, how to start an online computer company like Newegg? First, think of a software platform—a newegg script, on which your multi-vendor computer hardware store will work. Make sure you’re choosing the right base for your newegg marketplace because a lot of things depend on the features the software has.
So that you could make your computer online mall successful, be sure to check if it supports:
- Multiple vendors
- Advanced catalog management system
- Advanced payment distribution system
- Highload optimization
- Vendor subscription plans
- Marketing tools
How to start an online computer hardware business on CS-Cart Multi-VendorCS-Cart Multi-Vendor is a professional marketplace solution, a newegg script, that is ready for building a computer online mall out of the box. It is specially developed for creating virtual malls of physical and digital products, and services. It features all the functions mentioned above but its powerful vendor and catalog functionality makes it a very versatile and flexible marketplace platform:
- Vendor plans: offer your vendors monthly subscription plans with different functions, privileges, and commission rates.
- Vendor debt payout: motivate your vendors to pay for their vendor plans in time by blocking their backend panels.
- Common products for vendors: create a common product base and allow your vendors to only sell these products. This way you will avoid duplicates in the catalog and keep your product pages uniform and clean.
- Separate micro-stores for vendors: grant your vendors the ability to have a micro-store with a unique design that they can edit in the vendor panel.
- Over 45 editable product properties: configure your products by editing 45 parameters, adding features, and creating product variations.
- Category commissions: this is a must for marketplaces with various product categories. Set a lower commission for the low-margin product category to attract more vendors.