To form and convey your virtual multi vendor center PR message correctly, and to build a strong connection with your readership, create a detailed picture of the people you are addressing:
- the type of publications they prefer;
- the channels they use to consume information;
- who are the influencers they trust;
- the events they attend online and offline;
- how they usually spend their time.
Besides, that picture should be constantly updated. It will help to tweak your message and PR tactics to all changes in your readership in a real-time mode.
There are detailed recommendations on how to research your audience in our How to open an online marketplace
, and How to turn your marketplace into a community
Besides, research your competitors' PR activities: what publications, which events and places they are using to spread a word.
Additionally, learn about your audience from your social media followers' behavior: profiles, the likes, comments, retweets.
Track engagement with all your content: in your blog, and on the third-party media platforms.
On the basis of that information, build the picture of your readership:
- values and views;
- hobbies and interests;
- current problems and goals that are connected to your virtual marketplace mall PR message;
- the needs they satisfy using your web shopping mall product or service;
- the reasons why they use your online mall platform: is their interest financially driven, or they share the values and the PR message?
- the type of sources they read, and the influencers (journalists, bloggers) they follow.
Airbnb is researching
its audience thoroughly and thus was able to create a strong message that resonates with their readership needs and values.
After the in-depth interviews
with the Internet multi-seller marketplace actual customers, the marketplace team realized
that the PR message should be built to inspire people to live anywhere in the world, even if it's just for one night
, instead of sightseeing.
As a result, the "LiveThere" PR-message was created. Airbnb LiveThere Campaign: