There are many ways to improve business. These can range from a successful business concept that has been well thought out to advanced marketing strategies and automation systems. In eCommerce, in particular marketplaces, there are many worthy options for integrative systems.
In this article, we consider effective ways to optimize a business using the example of various integration systems. The article contains complete information about what the best eCommerce integration marketplace systems exist and how you can use them to boost your business.
Why should you adopt integration systems?
Some inexperienced entrepreneurs do not consider these systems as very beneficial ones. So let’s see the advantages. Integration systems help to cope with a number of problems and solve a lot of problems:
- Automate and optimize business processes
- Reduce the number of mistakes that are most often made during manual work
- Improve user experience and make work convenient for employees
- They help to better attach analytics and, as a result, adjust development
- Save money on resources such as the number of employees, warehouses, reduce the amount of paper used for documentation
1. Customer services: CRM
CRM stands for customer relationships management i.e. it includes all services related to customer service in one place. In general terms, CRM can be represented as one large table with data of your clients. The table can contain names and surnames, phone numbers, mail, order history and other data necessary for work.
According to Salesforce CRM implementation increases sales by 29%
How does CRM work?
Imagine a situation: a client calls a hotline and an unfamiliar manager answers. It is the manager who has never interacted with this customer before, does not know the history of orders or an approximate problem, or even the name of this customer. CRM helps to eliminate this uncertainty. If the client number is already entered in the database, then the CRM system offers the name of this client and his card with complete information. The manager in a few seconds can learn the entire history of orders, comments from previous managers and understand how he can help the particular client.
This greatly affects the user experience and, as a result, the image of a company. No marketing strategy works as well as word of mouth. When a user gets a good experience of interacting with a company, they will likely recommend this company to their friends. Thus, by investing in a CRM system, you are investing in customer relationships and your reputation.
Is ERP the same as CRM?
In different resources you can find information about the ERP system. The CRM and ERP systems have a lot in common at the first glance, so it may be a bit confusing.
ERP for ecommerce marketplace integration compared to CRM systems is a one step further. ERP often consists of several modules that help to connect and manage all business processes. ERP includes financial accounting, human resources management, project managing, order processing, manufacturing, data services, and customer services as well.
However, not every business needs this advanced system, as its naming implies, such a system is suitable for enterprises; there are simpler and more convenient automation platforms for small and medium-sized businesses.
2. Content services: CMS
CMS stands for Content Management System. These systems serve to manage content on the platform. It can be a blog, gallery or forum attached to your marketplace. In the example of a blog, you can place articles related to your product and platform, and answer comments. CMS is important for SEO. Search Engine Optimization is a part of marketing and helps to increase a site in search results when using search engines like Google.
Benefits of using CMS:
- Such systems are easy to use as they do not require any special knowledge
- These platforms can be managed by several administrators at once, thus organizing teamwork
- Systems provide a well-thought-out marketing strategy as it is convenient to plan the implementation of posts or any other releases
- You can usually adapt the design to a specific website or marketplace
- You have access from anywhere and at any time, which makes working with CMS especially convenient
More than half of users prefer WordPress as a CMS
WordPress is the undisputed leader of all CMS on the Internet. This popularity can be explained easily, since to use WordPress, it is not necessary to have special technical skills such as programming or HTML; the platform has a large selection of plugins and widgets, multilingualism is welcome, and it is also possible to insert text from any text editor. WordPress can be described as a user-friendly platform, which is why it attracts so many users.
However, there are other CMS that can compete with WordPress, such as Joomla or Drupal; some marketplace softwares provide built-in CMS which are pretty good, too. Yet, the ratings of independent CMS platforms are still incomparably low in comparison with WordPress.
3. Accounting services: automated accounting systems
Automatic accounting systems can completely replace an entire accounting department. This sounds attractive, doesn't it? Of course, such systems cannot take all the work and probably a couple of full-time specialists can come in handy.
Such systems have many advantages:
- Reducing the number of errors that can be made in manual data entry and processing
- Savings on the staff of the accounting department and paper for documents
- Clear reports that are easy to interpret and build accordingly more accurate forecasts and strategy
- Today automated accounting systems are very secure which often plays an important role in choosing this type of accounting
Let’s examine these systems in the example of QuickBooks. CS-Cart Multi-Vendor integrates with QuickBooks by default. That is why we learn this system a lot and consider it as one of the most reliable one.
Features of QuickBooks:
- Keeps customer and supplier information
- You can track sales
- Manage invoices
- Service Tax and VAT Computation can be easily computed
- Proposal management
- Detailed analysis
- Foregn currency management
For different businesses QuickBooks has different payment plans which start from $12.
4. Storage services: ASRS
ASRS is Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems. These systems are computer-controlled ones. They can automatically position deliveries and retrieve loads in warehouses accurately and quickly. This system can also perfectly track the amount of remaining goods and replenish the shortages in time.
Before we move on to an issue when we should use these systems, it is worth saying that there are two types of transportation of goods on marketplaces:
- FBS—Fulfillment by seller—it takes place when sellers themselves process orders, store, pack and send products. Marketplace is only a means to find buyers. Sellers are also responsible for accepting returns, tracking orders, and sending them quickly.
- FBO—Fulfillment by operator—In this case, the marketplace assumes all responsibility for the delivery and return of products. The marketplace administrator organizes warehouses, transportation to pick-up points and between warehouses. This is a more preferable method for organizing the work of marketplaces since an administrator can regulate the location of certain goods and provide delivery services well, so as to be sure that customers have good experience when using the marketplace.
In the second case, the quantity of goods is large, so it is important to maximize the space of warehouses and carry out management of warehouses fast. Therefore eCommerce marketplace integration of ASRS is necessary in this type of fulfillment.
5. Money related services: Money management
Another sphere that can be automated or at least optimized on the marketplace is cash flows.
You probably know that marketplaces charge a small tax on every purchase on its platform. The administrator and the seller must share the amount received. At first glance it seems that this is a common process, but it is not as simple as it seems.
The fee for marketplace services may vary from 5 to 25 % for each product
There are three types of money division when transferring from a client:
- From seller to administrator. The seller initially receives the entire amount for a purchase. Then the seller and the administrator calculate the amount that the seller must pay to the administrator. Once a month a seller should pay this fee.
- From administrator to seller. The amount for the purchase is received by the marketplace administrator. At the end of the month, the sum without marketplace fee is returned to a seller.
- An instant division. There are two systems of payment which can help to do it automatically: Stripe Connect and PayPall.
CS-Cart Multi-Vendor is one of the best ecommerce integration marketplace and there is an opportunity to integrate it with these two advanced systems. We recommend you to check a free demo version of the platform.
In this article, we have reviewed the most important eCommerce marketplace integration systems. Each one improves a certain sphere. Step by step optimizing internal processes we bring the business to a developed state. Automation for and eCommercial projects such as marketplaces is a great opportunity to take your business to the next level. Keep up with the times and apply systems in your business.