So, Uber is an American company offering peer-to-peer ridesharing, bicycle sharing, and food delivery. In ridesharing, Uber works similarly to taxi services: a rider orders a car through the app or the website, and the nearest driver gets that order and starts to process it.
Uber is today’s eCommerce phenomena—as of 2019, Uber has 110 million users worldwide and a 69.0% market share in the United States for passenger transport. Such a success is a result of their customer centric model and the business strategy.
When Uber was founded in 2009, it literally changed the ridesharing and delivery industry. Since then, many entrepreneurs have been opening similar websites on uber clone software. In the ecommerce industry, such uber clones are called “Uber for X” and the phenomenon is called “uberisation”.
So now, you have an idea about Uber and its role in the shared economy. Do you still want to know how to start an Uber type business? We bet you do. Go on reading to learn what you will need to build your own Uber app.
How to develop an app like Uber?Globally speaking, Uber is an eCommerce marketplace: riders are customers and drivers are vendors. So, to create your own “Uber for X”, you need an Uber type software that supports multiple vendors. This software is called multi vendor ecommerce platform.
So, how to make an app like Uber? The answer is—to build it on a special program. Today, there is a number of such uber clone software on the market and you must be aware that not all of them will suit for your business model. Uber like business has specific demands and requires the script to have special features. When choosing a related ecommerce platform for your Uber for X website, make sure it does have these features:
- Vendor geolocation
- Call request system
- Ability for customers to communicate directly with vendors
- Payment distribution system
- Separate control panel for vendors
- Reservation system
Why build your own Uber app on the CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Uber clone software?CS-Cart Multi-Vendor is a professional marketplace script that is developed for building multi-vendor online shopping malls. As Uber is an online marketplace, CS-Cart can help you create an Uber clone website.
Its strongest advantage is its flexibility. It has all the features mentioned above in the list of must-have features for an uber type software, plus 500 extra ecommerce functions. You are very welcome to test all these features in your free personal CS-Cart Multi-Vendor demo. It is hosted on our servers and works for 15 days—you are free to tweak it as you want.
So, when you’ll be testing CS-Cart Multi-Vendor, check these built-in functions to make sure the solution fits your business idea:
- Vendor locations: your customers need to know the location of the vendor they are ordering from. This feature not only shows the nearest vendors on the map but also displays the distance from the customer to the vendor and helps customers filter vendors by distance.
- Customer-to-vendor communication: this feature enables the communication between vendors and customers. This one is a must-have function if you want to build your own uber app—in a shared economy everything is based on communication.
- Comments and reviews: another obligatory feature for an uber clone software: it helps vendors keep high quality of their service and customers—to leave honest feedback.
We are sure that 15 days of demo will be enough for you, but we also can offer to download CS-Cart Multi-Vendor installation package and install it on your server. In this case, you’ll have 30 days for testing without any functionality limitations.