What software type is better to choose? Programming solution producers offer convenient and understandable ecommerce business software, which is easy enough to manage even for beginners. Often, services offer an engine, a script, a CMS online store for free. There are many popular ones that have quite a lot of extensions. With the help of detailed step-by-step instructions of installation, any user can easily cope with such software. Basically, these ecommerce platforms are designed for small sites. However, over time, at the end of the deadline, the version must be paid. The latest CMS models have a well-established SEO system. Internet shop will be detected by search on the nearest positions. Therefore, chances to rapidly attract the customers to the site are greatly increased. Also, it is possible to choose the appropriate version of the design of the online store among the submitted samples. After creating an online store with such a program, it remains only to monitor the work of the site and periodically make the necessary changes. However, at first, it is desirable to decide what tasks the future CMS should perform and then choose one of two software options that allow building successful virtual store. Each type of such solutions has its advantages, disadvantages and features.
The first option is to create own site management system (CMS) that will fit creator’s requirements. This option is suitable mainly for very large or non-standard online stores, in which many non-standard functions need to be taken into account, which is best to do from scratch. However, this version has many drawbacks. There are 3 main ones:
- The cost. Of course, creating a new quality solution from scratch is always much more expensive, this is probably the main drawback.
- In this case, it will increase by several times compared to the development with use of bought simple shopping cart software.
- Many CMS that are for sale have already passed a bunch of security tests, while a personally created system is still requiring such testing,
Advantages of using software for an e-commerce website:
- A profitable method of implementation. The cost of a commercial CMS license is much lower than the development of its own solution and site design.
- Ease of maintenance, provided by optimal administrative functionality.
- Specialized functional allows carrying out optimization of the commercial activity in the World Wide Web - SEO-optimization and means of statistical analysis.
- The possibility of extending the ecommerce platform, since the basic configuration of the control system is not a final stage.
- The ability to scale. CMS is initially developed with a huge margin of safety, so any Internet project is easily deployed to a large-scale commercial portal.
- It is not necessary to purchase expensive hosting. Even if the online store receives a large flow of orders, the server script should cope with it.
- There is support for several payment platforms, including PayPal, WebMoney and etc.. An "Assist" system is connecting for making a payment with use of bank cards.
- There is no need to create pages independently, to form a menu. There is a visual editor for beginners.