The popularity of Uber has contributed to the creation of many projects using similar technology in completely different fields. In order to quickly explain the ideas of their startups, their authors began to compare their projects with Uber, calling them “Uber for”.
The terms "Uber for X" or "uberization" began to gain popularity in 2013. Today they are used by both novice businessmen and eminent investors describing Uber-like software:
- On AngelList - the site where startups are looking for investors - there are 526 companies with “Uber for” in their descriptions.
- On ProductHunt - the site where users talk about new startups - a separate category has appeared, which is called “Uber for X startups”).
How was the Uber app created?In 2008, two friends in Paris were discussing business plans and ideas when they were forced to immediately go on a journey. They spent more than an hour searching for a free taxi, being almost in the center of the city. Then there was an idea of an original startup that would help tourists and citizens to pick up a taxi. Another entrepreneur, Oscar Salazar, joined the design and development. Literally a year later, in San Francisco, UberCab was officially registered, and in 2010 the name was shortened to Uber, and the prototype of the project was ready. The management of the company first decided to test the program themselves, so they registered as the first Uber taxi drivers.
Three things that brought Uber success:
- The application undermined the well-established way of things in the economy of the taxi service and offered a profitable alternative.
- In order to take the passenger to where it is needed, the driver should not be able to drive a bolide. And since there are no high requirements for the contractor, you can quickly find him, which is very important for on-demand startups.
- Despite the fact that in 2016, Uber introduced the function “Scheduled trips”, the vast majority of Uber taxi orders occur spontaneously, and it is difficult to come up with a better format than the one-click order.
How to make Uber appFor the past decade, mobile developers and businessmen have been concerned about issues ranging from “What technology stack is under the bonnet of Uber?” to “How to make Uber app and how much does app like Uber cost?”
Many people want to build an app like Uber. So there are a lot of offers to buy a script and make your application suitable not only for taxi service but for anything.
Studying numerous Uber-like software, we see that only Uber, perhaps, was destined to operate according to the “one-click” law. But! This should not stop startups from searching and mastering marketplaces. The main thing is to understand that the architecture and functionality of such a service are likely to be richer than that of Uber.
But we will begin with the functions that your product should definitely have. As we already know, Uber-like software consists of a client’s application and a supplier’s application.
The client application must have the following functions:
- account creation;
- registration of payment cards;
- ordering a product or service;
- geolocation (depending on the task of your application);
- price displays;
- tracking the order or the performer on the map;
- storage order history.
- create an account that must be confirmed in the administrative panel;
- informing about new booking with the possibility to accept the application or refuse it;
- tracking the status of the application;
- storage booking history.
Uber-like software by CS-CartCS-Cart Multi-Vendor is a turnkey solution to build an app like Uber with. It has over 500 eCommerce functions on board. The main features that the CS-Cart taxi booking app development created are:
- Powerful catalog management
- Bulk product editing
- Vendor locations function
- Customer-to-vendor communication.
- Call requests.
- Comments and reviews.
Also, after purchase, you will get 90 days of free technical support and you'll be able to get assistance any time after these initial 90 days. Our support team will help you set up your Uber for x app, maintain, and upgrade it.
Try fully-functional CS-Cart Multi-Vendor free demo hosted on our server.