|Ravi Makhija—a writer, an entrepreneur. Curious about the internet of everything. Interested in the cutting edge landscape of mobile apps and SaaS products. Blogs for Guru Technolabs—A Mobile App Development Company|
If you want to succeed in online business, then it becomes important that you should know what kind of strategies you should adopt, what kind of website & mobile app you should design, how to build your brand and so on. However, this is easier said than done because no lay person can have all this information and knowledge. Therefore, you have to take the help of an eCommerce app development company to figure out how to go about improving your online business prospects significantly.
E-commerce App Development Company plays a yeoman service to improve the business profile of an eCommerce company. They have innumerable functions some of which are as follows – looking at the analytics, offering their experience, suggesting the best platform to consultant eCommerce website, marketing, competitor analysis, and many more. Therefore, it becomes important that companies take advice from the eCommerce consultant to run their business in a more profitable way.
While it sounds so simple, you have to understand that hiring an eCommerce consulting agency is not so easy as there are innumerable companies that provide eCommerce experts team. Therefore, you need to figure out what are those main points which you should look at before you hire an eCommerce business consultant.
What things do you need to look at in an eCommerce consulting agency?
1) While it is always desirable to have an in-house eCommerce business consultant, it is not always economically feasible for smaller companies who are on a tight budget. Therefore, when hiring an eCommerce consulting firms, you should find out what kind of reputation the agency has in the market. Make sure to do a comprehensive check about the eCommerce consulting companies so that you get a good idea about how good the company is in terms of fulfilling all the promises it has offered to you.
One of the simplest ways to find the reputation of eCommerce consulting companies in the market is to look at their reviews on different platforms. This will give you an idea of what they are capable of and how much of their work align with your own requirements. If for some reason, you don’t find any reviews of their work, then it should arise your suspicion because any company that is in the market for a long time should have some reviews online about their past work from their former clients.
2) There are many prestigious prizes that are awarded to marketing agencies for their contribution to their job. If you find ecommerce consulting firms that has such awards, it will give you an idea that the company has a good reputation for producing high-quality work.
3) When you are looking for an eCommerce consultant, you will find that most of them have expertise in any one single specialty related to eCommerce. There are only a few companies that offer full-fledged eCommerce consultancy services. Therefore, you should have a clear idea of what you are looking for so as to match your requirement with the expertise of the eCommerce development agency which will ensure that you get the specialist you need who will help you to improve your eCommerce business online.
4) Cost is one of the significant features that you should look at when you are hiring any eCommerce consulting agency. Different agencies use different methods to calculate the money they bill you by providing consultancy services. Some offer a flat fee, whereas others calculate the money in relation to the resources used for the entire consultancy process. You should do proper research on how much money other competitive eCommerce agencies are charging before you hire one which will give you suggestions about improving the overall profitability of your easy retail store at competitive prices.
5) Companies pay a huge amount of money to hire eCommerce consultants, and it, therefore, makes sense to figure out how they are promoting your business. Many eCommerce development agencies have a 30-day termination clause in their contract which gives them the right to terminate a contract after giving a 30 days notice. Some companies offer a 90-day class which shows that they are more committed to promoting your brand and are heavily invested in your company. There is also some fly by night operators which offer one day or one-week termination clause, which you should never consider when you are looking for an eCommerce consultant for your easy retail store.
6) Another thing that you can look at before you hire a company who will promote your eCommerce site is to look at their client profile. If you find that most of their kind of profile matches that with your own company, then you should look at that eCommerce agency more favorably. The reason being, if and agencies doing similar kind of work for a large number of companies, then they have a greater experience in doing similar kinds of work and you will find that their fee structure is also more competitive than another company which has not served another company of similar as yours.
7) Many companies offer a one-stop solution for all your eCommerce problems. However, there are some eCommerce element agencies that offer specialized services in some particular areas. If you hire a company that is providing a comprehensive solution, then it will reduce your overall cost dramatically. However, if you hire more than one company offering specialized consultancy services on different eCommerce features, then you will find that their quality of services is far superior. Therefore, you have to make a cost-benefit analysis to figure out which kind of consultancy firm your company should hire to improve the online business. Additionally, if you have invested a huge amount of money in hiring an eCommerce consultancy agency, then it is wise to spread your risk among two or more companies so that in case one strategy followed by a single company do not bear fruit you can change only one part of your overall e-commerce promotion strategy that is designed by one of the e-commerce consultants and not the entire process (for this you have to compartmentalize your eCommerce marketing strategy).
8) When you are looking for a good e-commerce development company, always look at how long the company was in operation. If the company is operating for a long period of time, then it shows that it has done some quality work in the past which allowed it to survive in this cutthroat competition for so long. You should always look at such companies favorably compared to others which are just starting out in their e-commerce consultancy business.
9) How good is their after sales service is one of the most important features that you should look at closely? E-commerce consultancy service is an ongoing process where you need to interact with the specialist several times awake (when you are starting a retail store). If the experts of the e-commerce consultancy agency do not interact so frequently, then you may find yourself in hot soup in case some problem arises regarding the functioning of your e-commerce retail store. To find out how good they are in providing after sales service, you should speak to some of their past client’s and ask them to share their experience, how well they found the services of the agency which you want to hire for your eCommerce consultancy services.
10) E-commerce services is a very dynamic process and it changes frequently with the changing market structure. You should find out whether the agency that you wish to hire is well informed about the latest eCommerce strategies that companies world over follow to improve their brand online to sell more products and on a greater profit.
11) Most eCommerce consultants advertise themselves as leading experts in their field. You should always test their assertions by checking their claims. For example, if a company is saying that they provide amazing search engine optimization services, then you should look up the name of the company in the search engine to figure out how their own company ranks in the search engine result list.
These are some of the points that you should look at before you try to hire an eCommerce app development company to help you improve your online business by suggesting effective strategies such as web designing, marketing, search engine optimization and so on.
More useful eCommerce articles and infographics are coming your way. Follow CS-Cart on Facebook and Twitter not to miss them!