We have released Multi-Vendor 4.11.1. Here is the full list of changes; this article will cover the most important of them which affect Multi-Vendor and Multi-Vendor Ultimate. There are also changes in CS-Cart that you can benefit from.
Storefronts: More Ways to Tailor Your Marketplace to Different Audiences
The key feature of Multi-Vendor Ultimate lets you grow your marketplace beyond one site. It can have a different site for each country, with specific currencies, languages, and vendors. In version 4.11.1, you can customize your storefronts even more. Make each of them look different, and tailor them to the needs of their audiences even further.
- Own themes: Design → Themes. Give each storefront a distinctive look, with its own colors, fonts, logos, backgrounds, and styles. You’ll be able to match the appearance of your storefront to its products or the preferences of its audience.
- Own layouts and blocks: Design → Layouts. Create storefronts with entirely different structure and content. Show different banners, test how a list of products with discounts on the home page affects your sales, and so on. Everything in Multi-Vendor is displayed via blocks, so the possibilities are limitless.
- Own robots.txt for each storefront: Website → SEO → robots.txt. Robots.txt is an instruction for web robots (such as search engine bots) how they should check your site. Storefronts are different domains with different content, so we’ve added the ability to configure different robots.txt for them.
- Own payment methods, promotions, and shipping methods: the Storefronts tab. Previously, they were the same for all the storefronts in Multi-Vendor. Now you can limit them to specific storefronts if you’d like. Make checkout easier by showing only the relevant payment and shipping options for a storefront.
Vendor Data Premoderation: Easier Tracking of Products that Require Approval
The Vendor Data Premoderation add-on allows you to check vendors’ products before they appear to customers. It ensures that vendors don’t include some unwanted data or change the product without your consent. We have reworked the add-on to make product approval more convenient.
- It’s easier to find pending and rejected products. Marketplace administrators and vendors see them in the new submenus of the Products → Products: Products on moderation and Disapproved products.
- It’s easier to approve or reject a product. If a product is on moderation, you just click the Thumbs up and Thumbs down buttons. For other products, you can change their status to get them approved or rejected.
- It’s harder to miss unapproved products. The Notification Center informs your admins and vendors about anything approval-related.
The upgrades to version 4.11.1 are already available. As usual, for the first few days after the release we hand out upgrade packages in limited numbers, but then we lift that restriction. So if you don’t see this upgrade in your Upgrade Center yet, please try again later.
- Yan Anderson is the Social Relations and Content Manager at CS-Cart. He's passionate about creating content that explains complicated things in simple terms. Yan loves writing and making videos about the ecommerce industry and technology trends. He manages this blog as an editor.