We have released CS-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.7.4. The main reason for this release is the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union. The regulation will become enforceable on 25 May 2018. That way you’ll have more than 2 weeks to prepare for it.
The GDPR is a European Union regulation on personal data processing. It affects everyone who collects and uses personal data (that includes contact information or addresses) of EU citizens and residents. To learn more, check out an article about GDPR compliance in our blog.
Version 4.7.4 comes with an add-on that informs new customers about how you handle personal data. The add-on also helps you manage that data: anonymize it or export it to an XML file. Please see our documentation about the add-on for more information.
There are two ways to get the add-on:
- The best way is to upgrade to version 4.7.4—not only will you get the GDPR Compliance add-on, but also the latest features and security fixes. If necessary, prolong your upgrade subscription.
- Normally we don’t port new functionality to older versions, but we understand the importance of complying with the GDPR. Not everyone can upgrade the store due to extensive third-party modifications or for other reasons.That’s why our support staff can adapt the add-on from 4.7.4 for your CS-Cart or Multi-Vendor 4.x.x installation. If you’d like to have it done, buy the GDPR Add-on Installation Service and then contact our technical support via Help Desk. Unfortunately, the add-on can’t be adapted for earlier versions like 2.x.x or 3.x.x without a significant rework that borders on writing an add-on from scratch.
The add-on by itself is not enough to make you GDPR-compliant. You’ll need to review the requirements of the GDPR and address them. For example, you’ll probably need to change the text of privacy notices and get to consent for personal data processing from your existing customers by email (the add-on doesn’t handle that).
Version 4.7.4 also includes improvements to Beta add-ons:
- Advanced Products Import [Beta] now supports XML files. It also allows to perform a test import (the first 5 products from the file) or to only create new products, skipping the import of existing ones.
- Product Variations [Beta] now clones all variations when cloning a configurable product.
- Responsive Admin Panel [Beta] now allows selecting multiple products from the product list on mobile devices by long tapping.
As usual, the full list of changes can be found in the changelog. The upgrades to version 4.7.4 are already available. We provide upgrades in small batches, so if you don’t see this upgrade in your Upgrade Center yet, please try again later.
- Yan Anderson is the Social Relations and Content Manager at CS-Cart. He's passionate about creating content that explains complicated things in simple terms. Yan loves writing and making videos about the ecommerce industry and technology trends. He manages this blog as an editor.
Guest posts2023.08.318 Steps to Protect Your E-commerce Store Guest posts2023.08.30Why You Need a Financial Plan for Ecommerce Business Success Articles2023.08.01Eco-Logistics: The Green Revolution in Last-Mile Delivery Marketplace academy2023.07.27Marketplace Seller Management: How to Attract Sellers on Your B2C Marketplace