We have released CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor 4.9.3. When the last digit of a version number changes, we call that version a patch release. Patches fix errors in the code and introduce subtle improvements. That’s why it’s hard to name this update after any specific topic—instead, we advise seeing the full list of changes in the documentation.
Here are the most important changes:
- Some countries (China, Congo, Iran) have Google blocked. Previously, if Google reCAPTCHA anti-bot protection was active on your site, customers from these countries couldn’t confirm they weren’t bots. Now the settings of the Google reCAPTCHA add-on allow you to specify exception countries. Your clients from these countries will see another anti-bot test that will work regardless of whether Google is blocked or not.
- The editor of email notifications allows you to insert documents (for example, order summary) or snippets (specific parts that can be reused in multiple notifications). Now the editing page of every document has the list of email templates where this document is used. Also, the email template editor now has links to the editing pages of documents and snippets.
- Usually, products in CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor appear in alphabetical order, but you can also display products in a category in a specific order. The previous version had a bug—if you edited a product and saved your changes, the product’s position would be reset. In version 4.9.3 we’ve solved this problem.
- We have improved the installer—now it checks for all the PHP extensions required for proper functioning of CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor. Previously, the installer didn’t check the extensions that PHP had by default. It could lead to problems on the servers where those extensions were disabled.
- Multi-Vendor now has a new color for the admin panels of vendors. It no longer matches the color of the main admin panel—that way it’s much easier to understand whether the page belongs to admin.php or vendor.php.If you don’t like the new colors, you can easily revert this change—just delete the design/backend/css/config_vendor.less file from your installation or comment the code inside it. To comment the code, open the file, and put /* at the beginning, and */ at the end. Please make sure to clear the cache after that.
The upgrades to version 4.9.3 are already available. As usual, for the first few days after the release, we offer a limited number of upgrade downloads on a first-come-first-serve basis. That’s why if you don’t see anything in the Upgrade Center yet, try again a few hours later or the next day. Usually, everyone who wants to upgrade is able to do so in a few days from the release.