We’ve released a patch—CS-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.3.8—with payment, shipping, and SEO fixes.
- Canada Post and Australia Post APIs are up to date. The previous CS-Cart version used legacy APIs of the Canada Post and Australia Post carriers. New Canada Post users couldn’t use Canada Post at all because it just didn’t work because of the outdated integration. Less severe but still annoying issue occurred for Australia Post: it returned the wrong rate calculation results. In version 4.3.8, both carriers work fine thanks to the updated APIs.
- The Authorize.Net payment processor is up to date. On June 30, Authorize.Net will make an upgrade to transaction processing: all connections to Authorize.Net will go through Akamai SureRoute first. We have updated the payment gateway URLs of the Authorize.Net processor so that it works after June 30.
- The Rocketgate payment processor works correctly for guest customers. Before, customers who purchased products as guests and paid with Rocketgate were considered a single customer on the Rocketgate side. This was because all those customers had the same zero Customer ID. We’ve fixed this issue: now Rocketgate recognizes guest customers correctly.
- Credit card validation works fine. Because of the outdated credit card validation, customers couldn’t pay with Sage Pay if they used a 13-digit Visa or some Maestro cards. Also, Diners Club didn’t work for any of the payment processors. We’ve updated the credit card validation rules. Now, your customers won’t have any trouble with credit card validation.
- Product SEO names generate correctly. In this patch, we’ve fixed two issues in the SEO add-on: 1) product SEO names are not duplicated when you open a new category for the first time, and 2) they are not changed when you delete one of your cloned storefronts.
- Shipping is always available for vendors even if it’s disabled for a specific vendor. In Multi-Vendor, you can disable shipping for a vendor. The earlier version had an issue: if you disabled shipping for the first vendor, it was also disabled for other vendors. We’ve fixed this issue and now you can safely disable shipping for one vendor without being afraid that it won’t be available for other vendors.
See other fixes in the changelog.
How to Get Version 4.3.8?
Upgrade your store on the Administration → Upgrade center page. We’re distributing upgrade packages in batches. Don’t worry if you can’t see the available upgrade in your Upgrade center right away. You’ll get it within a week.
We’ll be happy to get your ideas on how we can enhance CS-Cart. Please share them on our UserVoice.
Report bugs to our bug tracker—be sure we’ll deal with all of them.
Subscribe to our newsletters via the form below to get news and other cool stuff directly to your mailbox.
Follow CS-Cart news & promotions
- Yan Anderson is the Social Relations and Content Manager at CS-Cart. He's passionate about creating content that explains complicated things in simple terms. Yan loves writing and making videos about the ecommerce industry and technology trends. He manages this blog as an editor.
Guest posts2023.08.318 Steps to Protect Your E-commerce Store Guest posts2023.08.30Why You Need a Financial Plan for Ecommerce Business Success Articles2023.08.01Eco-Logistics: The Green Revolution in Last-Mile Delivery Marketplace academy2023.07.27Marketplace Seller Management: How to Attract Sellers on Your B2C Marketplace