Talking about cross-selling in CS-Cart, we must mention the Bestsellers & On-Sale Products add-on.
Using this add-on, you can create these product lists on your storefront:
- Bestsellers—products that customers buy most often in your store
- Newest products—products that you have recently added to your catalog
- Most popular products—products that customers view most often
- Recently viewed products—products that the customer viewed last
- On-sale products—discounted products
- Similar products—products similar to the current one
The Similar products list is a feature first introduced in CS-Cart 4.3.1 Beta. Your store visitors see this list on the product details pages. For example, on the details page of this backpack a visitor sees a list of similar backpacks:
When you create a similar products list, you can define a price range to show only similar products within that range. To do this, enter a value in the Price range field. You can also make a list of similar products in the same category, including or excluding subcategories. To exclude out-of-stock products from the list, select the Only “in stock” products box:
Extra Store Pages
Another new feature of the Bestsellers & On-Sale Products add-on in CS-Cart 4.3.1 Beta is additional store pages. You can add four extra pages to your storefront:
- all on-sale products
- all final sale products
- all newest products
- all bestsellers
A customer can go to these pages in different ways. For example, you can create a graphic banner or a menu item with a link to the page showing all final sale products. When a customer clicks the banner or the menu item, the page opens.
Check our Knowledge Base for instructions on adding the above pages.
In CS-Cart 4.3.1 Beta, the Bestsellers & On-Sale Products add-on becomes customizable.
To open the add-on settings page, click the add-on name on the Add-ons → Manage Add-ons page.
The General tab contains two settings:
- Minimum final sale discount (%) indicates the starting discount for final sale products.
- Minimum sales amount to define bestsellers indicates the amount of sales needed to consider a product as a bestseller. For example:
The Newest tab offers two settings for a newest products list:
- Use the Period drop-down menu to choose a period of time when you added new products to your catalog. For example, choose Today to show, in the newest products list, the products you added today.
- If you choose Last days in the Period drop-down menu, use the Last days field to set the number of days within which you added products. For example:
We’d like to know what cross-selling techniques you use. Do cross-selling tools in CS-Cart help you sell more? What do you think about the new features in the Bestsellers & On-Sale Products add-on? Please share your thoughts and experiences.