Web server environment
CS-Cart is developed to meet most server configurations ranging from shared hosting accounts to dedicated servers. In fact, there are only two core things that your host must have to run CS-Cart:
- PHP versions 5.3, 5.4, 5.5 (5.6 is not supported yet);
- MySQL version 4.1 or greater (MySQLi or pdo_mysql must be supported)
This makes CS-Cart compatible with almost every server that supports PHP and MySQL. However, we recommend Apache or any interchangeable alternative as the most robust and stable server for your web store.
Other requirements and recommendations include:
- safe_mode is disabled;
- GD library is installed;
Please make sure your GD configuration includes FreeType font library
- cURL support is enabled;
This PHP extension is required to ensure support for secure connections and some payment systems, including PayPal, Authorize.Net and Google Checkout, as well as real-time shipping rate calculators for FedEx and DHL/Airborne;
- Phar extension is enabled (built into PHP since v5.3.0);
- ZipArchive extension is enabled (built into PHP since v5.2.0);
- file_uploads is enabled;
- .htaccess file (if supported) should have the following directives allowed: DirectoryIndex, Deny, Allow, Options, Order, AddHandler, RewriteEngine, RewriteBase, RewriteCond and RewriteRule.
- the following PHP commands are enabled:ini_set, ftp_exec, ftp_connect, ftp_login, ftp_get, ftp_put, ftp_nb_fput, ftp_raw, ftp_rawlist, mysql_pconnect, eva, system, exec, shell_exec, passthru, escapeshellarg, set_time_limit
Server operating system
With respect to the server operating systems, we recommend a Unix-like operating system such as FreeBSD, Linux or OS X. Our commitment to Unix-like systems is confirmed by their well-known scalability, better security capabilities and higher performance level.
Compatible Hosting Providers
As you see, the requirements for the web server environment are quite typical, and there are thousands of hosting providers that are going to meet them. If you have not decided on the hosting for your web store yet and are scared of the nightmare to choose one from the crowd, please consider a compatible hosting provider from our Compatible Hosting list.